Created by a mom and thriving all over North America and around the world, VarageSale helps families find incredible local deals and earn extra spending money selling their stuff. Each community is managed by a team of admins who are devoted to fostering a friendly and welcoming environment. Code of Conduct
If you forgot your password, enter your email address below. We will send you an email containing a link to reset your password.
You will receive an email with instructions about how to reset your password in a few minutes.
Please try again later
Code of Conduct for All
• If you post on the site, then you should sell on the site. Do NOT private message wanting an item and not commenting on the post. Comment that you want the item on the post and then private message the seller.
• We ask that you do not post the same item on multiple sites. It is not fair to either site and you have no idea who should get the item.
• Please provide a brief description of your item and a price. We are NOT a bidding site, so a price on the item is a must. We do not go higher than the original posted price.
• If you are posting about a garage sale, estate sale, market days, church event or anything such as this please post one overall picture and post to the Community Events category.
• If you are posting more than one view of an item, or multiple photos of the same type of item you need to create a collage or add the extra photos in the comments below the original post. http://www.ribbet.com/create-collage
• HANDMADE ITEMS: Due to the categories being clogged please keep handmade items that can be designed differently in one single collage ex: one picture for shoe designs, crosses, signs, etc. If you can make the exact same thing in different colors then please state so instead of posting 20 different pictures of the same item in different colors.
• When responding to a seller/buyer please be courteous and follow the first come first serve rule. Let’s act like adults. If someone asks a question about an item, they are first in line just as they would be at your own garage sale. If the first ‘buyer’ has asked for a reduction in price, it is totally up to you, but if you choose not to lower your price, they still have first option. If they pass, then the option goes to the next person in line.
• If you need an answer from a ‘buyer, seller or admin’ please tag them. Once someone is tagged, the seller must give a 12 hour window for a response. Please be fair in understanding that some do go to bed, then get up and head straight to work and not everyone has the same schedule as you.
• The only tag that counts as first dibs is if the seller tags the person, if someone else tags a person, it is a courtesy notification and they need to comment on the item if they are interested.
• Do NOT post your item multiple times. This will cause other items to be pushed further down the line. If we see that you have uploaded multiple times, we will delete all the photos and you will need to be removed from the site.
• You may “bump” up to 5 items every hour.
• This group is for Bee and Live Oak County residents therefore if you live outside of the Bee and Live Oak County area and you are buying/selling something be prepared to meet within Bee and Live Oak County area. This does not limit to just Beeville, other surrounding towns in the counties are included. When meeting with the buyer/seller please make sure you choose a safe location with a lot of people around. We want to keep everyone SAFE! If both parties agree to a paypal purchase then by all means go for it!
• We will not tolerate any type of illegal activity on this site. Please report any suspicious activity to the administration if necessary. We have and will be the very first ones to help any law enforcement officials get it resolved.
• If you have a problem with a member from our site please contact Deanna Blackwell, Jamie Blackwell, or Julie Edlin by private message. Please DO NOT post complaints or names on our site as it usually starts a bashing war. We will be keeping a list of members that continue to break the Code of Conduct and they will be removed as needed.
• While we do try to help resolve issues, please remember that ALL transactions are between buyer and seller, the Bee and Live Oak County Resale site will not be responsible for any transactions.
• If you post an item for a friend or relative, you are responsible for the sale as it still is associated with your membership.
• STATUS UPDATES: Please update your item status accordingly. Sold! Pending Sale! Available! The option is there so why not use it? It makes everyone happy, happy, happy!
• After an exchange is complete, please feel free to leave a positive review on the seller’s or buyer’s profile.
• Business, Independent Consultants & Store-Front Business Owners - Please post only in the category for Small Business. You are allowed to bump the previous post or delete your old post and relist once a week.
• Animals, Alcohol, Diet Pills or Drinks, Tobacco, Firearms and/or Ammo (including Crossbows and Bow and Arrows) are not allowed on this site. Some of these are illegal or could end up in minor’s hands we will not tolerate it on this site. Here is a complete list: http://help.varagesale.com/article/371-what-items-are-not-allowed
• NO IMITATIONS of any kind. This includes but is not limited to handbags, sunglasses, scarves, hats, wallets, etc. (for example, no fake Coach purses)
• MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! Don’t step in on a listing to state that you have the item cheaper, that a store has the item cheaper or even that you have the item at all - please create your own ad.
• Food items that are posted MUST meet the Texas Cottage Food Law, which you can find more information here: http://texascottagefoodlaw.com/ . This is a state law not ours alone.
• If you are the seller, please give the buyer time to pick up the item. We do not ask that you hold items for weeks, but you do need to give plenty of time to make arrangements within the week. We have noticed several putting "no holds", “need gone by tonight”, or “need gone” on items. If we see that on your post, we will assume you mean you need the photo deleted ASAP.
• If you are the buyer, please make sure you are ready to pay. We ask that all deals are completed within a week unless agreed to by both buyer and seller. Also, if you comment on something, be sure you are truly interested in it. Don’t be click happy and click on everything if you are not sure you want it. This takes up the seller's time and doesn't allow others to say they do want it.
• If you make plans to meet and are unable to make it, please let the other person know. Don't leave them hanging. You would not like someone to do this to you. The best way to do this is to tag the person or people in a post. If you are unable to tag them, type out their full names and if someone else sees it, they may tag the people for you. If a person is a no show, please understand that things do come up and try contacting them for an explanation; if there is no response during a 12 hour period, repost the item.
• If you need recommendations, suggestions on a daycare, place to take your car for work, oil change, vet for your animal, schools, etc., please take a look at the “Discussion” tab as it may have already been mentioned, if it has not please feel free to start a new discussion under this option.
We KNOW that everyone does not agree with all of the rules, it is impossible to please everyone. You are not required by any means to post on the site, but if you are buying or selling on this site, then you have agreed to follow the rules. Any posts containing inappropriate wording WILL be deleted. This is G rated site! No exceptions! These rules have been created for the benefit of all members after much research, trial and error. Please also remember that we are not paid to manage this site. The site was created to try to help people in our community get together in a convenient way. We also have families and jobs to take care of. We will gladly help as best as we can when there is a problem, but PLEASE no more midnight calls or texts. If you have any questions or need help, there is a button at the bottom right hand side of your screen that says "I need help!" Just click on there and select the appropriate option. Use the knowledge base! It's there for you. It will give you a wealth of information on how to use Varage Sale and get the most out of it.
It is always a good idea to post the imei number or esn number from your cell phones so buyers can check that is is no longer under contract. Here are two sites we have found that help verify the status of cell phones: http://iphoneox.com/ or http://swappa.com/esn
There are also many site available to help verify the authenticity of purses. Please do your research before you purchase these items. Here are two that we have found: http://www.ebay.com/gds/DETECT-AUTHENTIC-COACH-vs-FAKE-COACH-YOUR-EBAY-GUIDE-/10000000003643909/g.html or http://www.coach.com/online/handbags/genWCM-10551-10051en/Coach_US/CustomerService/ReportingCounterfeits/
Always make sure that your items for sale or that you are looking to buy are not on the recall lists: http://www.recalls.gov/ or http://www.cpsc.gov/ . We all want to keep our children safe!!!
Thank you again to all of those members who are helping to keep this site running smoothly!!
Administrators: Deanna, Jamie, and Julie
*** Please be aware that Bee and Live Oak County Resale community will not be held reliable for any shading dealings or dealings gone wrong***